New Businesses Coming Soon to Kentlands Market Square
Kimco’s Kentlands Market Square $23.1 million redevelopment is well underway. Three new leases were recently announced: Berries & Bowls, Brews and Barrels and Goldfish Swim School. In total, eight businesses are anticipated to open in fall/winter 2019 and early 2020.
- Berries & Bowls, a superfood café, will open at 120 Market St. toward the end of 2019. The fast-casual restaurant serves made-to-order acai bowls, freshly pressed juices and coffees all free of additives.
- Brews and Barrels, a pub and restaurant, plans to open in late 2019 at 625 Center Point Way.
- Goldfish Swim School, a facility offering swim instruction programs for children ages four months to 12 years, is set to open in early 2020 in the former Dress Barn location, 801 Center Point Way.
- Dog Haus, a specialty eatery that serves all-beef Haus Dogs and handcrafted proprietary Haus Sausages, anticipates an end of 2019 opening at 644 Center Point Way.
- Cinco de Mayo, an authentic Mexican restaurant and bar, will open at the end of 2019 at 640 Center Point Way.
- Tutti Frutti and Bonchon Chicken will open in late 2019. The location, 654 Center Point Way, will combine two fast-casual dining concepts, sharing one kitchen but offering separate seating areas.
- MOD Pizza, a fast-casual artisan-style pizza and salad eatery, will open fall 2019 on the new Commerce Place.
- Cinépolis, a luxury cinema, will open fall 2019. This high-end entertainment experience is the first of its kind in Maryland.
Main Street favorite Foundry Fitness expanded into a larger, Kentlands Market Square space. The new fitness studio at 205 Market St. West held a grand opening on Saturday, May 11.
Construction of the paseo or pedestrian walkway, linking Market Street to Commerce Place, should be finished by June. Upon completion of the paseo, an existing 23,000-square-foot retail space will be converted into smaller spaces housing stores and restaurants with outdoor dining.
Capitol Benefits Opens Florida Office
Capitol Benefits recently opened a second office in the Jacksonville area. One full-time agent is staffing the Florida office. Kira Sanson, marketing and benefits coordinator, said, “We hope to grow this location quickly.” Capitol Benefits, located at 364 Main St. in Kentlands, currently does business in 13 states.
Artists on Market Extends Hours
Artists on Market, 201 Market St. West, has extended its hours. The gallery is now open Thursday 4 to 7 p.m., Friday 3 to 9 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday noon to 6 p.m.